1956 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
MAKE + MODEL: Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
CHASSIS NUMBER: #198.040.5500819
PAINT: Silver-Grey Metallic
• The most important, matching numbers, Factory Competition Gullwing in private hands in existence
• Winner of the 1956 European Rally Championship
• Prepared from new by Mercedes-Benz Racing Department
• Concours restored by Mercedes Stuttgart to its original specification
• Mercedes Classic Department certified with book on file
• Absolutely incredible documentation and history accompanies the car
Winner of the '56' European Rally Championship
• Winner - Rally del Sestriere Italy , drivers Walter Schock, Rolf Moll, 1st place
• Winner - Rally Acropolis Germany , drivers Schock-Moll, 1st
• Winner - Rally Int. Geneve Switzerland, drivers Schock-Moll, 1st GT+class
• Winner - Rally Int. Wiesbaden, drivers Schock-Moll, 1st GT+class
• Winner - Rally Adriatic Yugoslavia, drivers Schock-Moll won 1st in the GT+Class with 39 points and won both the International and European rally championship titles with the car
Believed to be the ONLY matching numbers factory competition Gullwing in existence!
On file DD Classics have the complete list of works carried out during the restoration.
With over four decades of experience, at DD Classics it has been their pleasure to sell some of the most iconic and beautiful cars in the world. They are not just suppliers of these wonderful cars, they are also enthusiasts – driven by dreams. Their team’s unrivalled knowledge on a vast array of classic marques bears testimony to their love of the automotive art forms that they offer for sale.
As well as their collection of fully serviced classics, they also have a variety of interesting cars undergoing restoration and are very proud to work with some of the best classic car restorers in the UK. As such DD Classics are able to offer refurbishment works for most makes and models, from a small touch-up to a full concours standard restoration. They would be happy to arrange a quotation.
If they do not hold the car of your dreams in stock, they have the ability to source it for you through our extensive global connections. Please feel free to contact them so that they can begin the search. They’re also always interested in buying your classic or collectible car or can offer to sell it on your behalf on a commission basis, in strict confidence.